21 November 2019
Össur congratulates all of the Team Össur athletes who recently competed at the 2019 World Para Athletics Championships in Dubai.
In total, Team Össur members earned 4 gold medals, 3 silver medal and 1 bronze medal, including:
- Daniel Wagner (DK), Gold medal in 100m T63 and Silver medal in long jump T63
- Markus Rehm (DE), Gold medal in long jump T64 – his 5th World title
- Ntando Mahlangu (SA), Gold medal in 200m T61, who was also recently named Sportsman of the Year with a Disability in South Africa
- Maya Nakanishi (JP), Gold medal in long jump T64
- Marlene van Gansewinkel (NL), Silver medal in long jump T64
- Richard Whitehead (UK), Silver medal in 200m T61
- Femita Ayanbeku (USA), Bronze medal in the 200m T64
“At Össur, we continue to be inspired by the amazing achievements of the athletes who wear our Cheetah sports prostheses. They include some of the most accomplished amputee athletes in the world, and all of them choose to use Össur’s technologies both for daily wear and sports pursuits. We value our longstanding partnership with these athletes as their feedback helps our ongoing product development efforts for amputees of all activity levels,” said Jon Sigurdsson, President and CEO of Össur.
Össur’s iconic Cheetah line of sports prostheses continued to be the prosthesis-of-choice for a vast majority of the world-class competitors at the 2019 World Championships, including all of the medalists in the women’s T64 long jump; all four competitors in the men‘s 200m T61, and 10 out of the 12 competitors in men‘s long jump T64 category.